Bay Area Barns and Trails (BABT) assists landowners and land managers with preservation and maintenance of publicly accessible barns, stables, pastures, staging areas, horse camps, and trails throughout Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Mateo, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma Counties.
Bay Area Barns and Trails was incorporated as a California non-profit corporation in November 1999. Since 2000 BABT has helped conservation minded equestrians preserve and restore natural areas and wildlife habitat, maintain parks and public open space, equestrian facilities, trails and trailheads by awarding approximately $440,500 in matching funds to thirty-nine land trusts, agencies and/or equestrian organizations.
With these awards BABT continues our mission preserving and protecting public access to stables and trails in the Bay Area.
- Marin Stables & Trails: Flood mitigation repairs.
- Mounted Patrol Foundation / Sheriff's Activity League: 3 sessions of youth riding activities.
- Mounted Patrol Foundation / Pescadero Creek County Park: Storm related repairs enabling equestrians to ride from Jack Brook to other trails in the park.
- Point Reyes National Seashore Mounted Patrol: Funding to help send 2 rangers/horses to the Western States Mounted Patrol Officer training in Norco, CA.
- Ridge to Bridge 2023: Funding to help support the Ridge Trail’s annual event.
- V-O-Cal: Funding for 2 multi-use trail improvement projects.